Pages

Sunday 18 August 2013

My social life

Like every girl I love spending time with my friends. I have a bubbly and welcoming personality and it is not difficult for me  to make and keep friends. I have discovered that I am a very versatile human being. I have different types of friends that satisfy different needs in my life. I wouldn't necessarily say that I have a best friend. I rather have close friends and acquaintances. I value my friendships because they help me deal with everyday challenges, are there when I need someone to listen, when I need a shoulder to cry on, to offer advise, to share my joys and my frustrations. There are friends that I meet once in a while but still play a very important and special part of my life. I am part of a girl's club called "The Classy Ladies of Umzansi" TCLM. We all met in 2009 at the University of Cape Town. These girls have special place in my life. They are driven and inspire me to be the best I can be. They are all very accomplished young women in their own rights. Through such friendship I have grown so much as a person. We have had incredible fun together and have shared tears and joys of our lives. These are truthfully my sisters forever. It just came naturally that I would be attracted to dreamers like myself. They are achievers but they are a fun loving bunch. We have done so much together and our friendship is forever.
From left: Nawaal, Gwen, Lillian, Zaheerah, Rebaone and Manono 
There are friends that have become more that friends but family and more especially the ones that are a bit older than me but we have grown to be incredible friends. As a result of their wisdom, they have become my mothers and I usually find refuge in them because they have traveled some of the this journey and they know how to give good advice. They have been there to help me be a better person, better mother to my kids and have offered support even when they didn't need to. These are people that always go an extra mile for me. Love them so much. They are so many but following two have been exceptional:
Busi 



Zonke and Manono 
My Black Management Forum Executive (UCTsc) team for 2010. I had so much fun working this this team of intelligent and innovation young people.
From top left: Ludwick Marishane, Papama Matsiliza - Nzuzo Sowazi, Zaheerah Mayet
Bottom left: Tsepo Mota, Lillian Moremi Manini and Manono
 My BMF Young Professional Peeps. Have learnt so much from these people
Nosisa, Iviwe, Elvis and Manono
My fun loving girls. Love them
Ayanda, Manono, Asah and Mpoome
I have so much happening in my social life that one post is not enough to capture all. It will take at least 50 posts too get an idea of what my social life is all about.

I love life and life loves me!!!!







2 comments:

  1. Very Touching. I feel like I can relate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The people in our lives make life more bearable and I am grateful for all the people that get to walk with me on my journey of life.

    ReplyDelete