Pages

Sunday 25 August 2013

My love for fashion and looking good.

They say that when you look good, you feel good. I have proven this in my own life. There was a time in my life when I just sort of let go of myself. This was when I concentrated on everything around me and neglected myself tremendously. The result was me feeling so stressed all the time and putting on so much weight. Never will I go back to that hell hole ever again. There is something so great about getting older. You learn to appreciate the good and bad about yourself. Funny enough I grew up knowing that I was ugly but as I grew older I got to define beauty in a different way,  a way that liberates me. I find that beauty manifests itself in very different ways. I have learnt to love my body and embrace it. I now have intimate conversations with my body to give it life and assurance that it is "The shit" excuse my French :)

I find that I love different styles in fashion but my style exudes sexiness. Fashion for me means being wearing something that is not only comfortable but enhances your femininity. What I wear depends on my mood at that moment. but often at times when I don't feel so good I make sure I look super good so that nobody feels my pain. There is so much sadness going around in the world and I don't wanna add to that sadness. 

I have found a fashion blog and a Facebook page called "Mad About Fashion" by Buhle. I love this woman's style and it is exactly how I would like to groom myself.  I love how this woman mixes colors and different textures. I love the different looks that she puts together which are fit for different occasions. The following is some of her work:




8 comments:

  1. Very interesting insight,the term first impressions count in today's society directly translate to how you look. Social Relationships especially amongst the youth age group ( 18-30 ) are predominately based on fashion. Having read this article im inspired to do a little shopping muself lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everythng must startfrm within though if u feel good u will look good not forgerting to be comfortable also ow and half naked does not make u sexy and feminent. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely agree, when u look good, u feel good. Great post Manono

    ReplyDelete
  4. Komape my comrade, I am a very good image consultant lol and one of my best friends is also one. We shall make you look snazzy my chief.
    To Anonymous, yes you are right and I agree with you a 110 % but sometimes the inside is so torn that you need a little boost to make you feel good again. Clothes don't have to make you who you are but they are an extension if you are. People cannot see your inside but the way you look usually say about who you are and the daily conversations you have with yourself.

    Nash my darling I agree, looking good is the first step of doing great things, for when you can take care of self, you can also take care of another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. indeed... looking good is the choice that we all make !

    ReplyDelete
  6. indeed... looking good is the choice that we all make !

    ReplyDelete
  7. empowering insight, i am looking forward to my looking good lessons. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog, Manono, very interesting and honest posts :)

    ReplyDelete